Monday, October 16, 2006

Yet more complaining

Shit. Looks like Pic-Bin.com is down, so my blog has no pictures at the moment...

Another crappy day today. At least it went by fast. It turned into winter overnight (if it's still like this by the 27th, I'm going to be REALLY pissed at earth in general), which just sucks, and I can't shake this bout of depression. Oh, by the way, this post is just a tool in procrastination since I'm supposed to be doing a position paper that's due tomorrow. But I don't have anything else to bore you with, so I guess I'll go do that. Wait! I do have something. I've been thinking about leaving band. It's always been something to look foward to and love doing, but lately it's been a huge chore. I can't stand ANYONE in the entire band (except for maybe Nina and Sarah E.), especially my own sections. Especially clarinet. Actually playing the instrument is getting harder because of my asthma, which my jr. high band teacher told me would get better because of playing clarinet. And it was for a while, but now I have to breathe after every two or three bars, and really gasp for breath at the end of a piece. So I don't know... Maybe I can get Ms. Sampson to convince me to stay. Even though there would be benefits to leaving... I could sleep an extra hour, have more free time, and have room for another class upgrade in my schedule next semester. Not to mention a lot less stress, and less money for instrument rental and band tour. And even though band tour is really fun, it also causes a lot of fights and stress. Plus this year there will be a lot less tolerable people. I'm still trying to decide. It could be another of these mood-inspired ideas like the last time I was horribly depressed and sleep deprived and had this same thought. Blehh. I'll figure it out.

Update on the CPO concert! We can get REALLY awesome seats for half price! We need to get student rush seats (early because the Halloween show sells out early sometimes) and it will only cost around 11 dollars and we get to sit by the pipe organ above the orchestra and watch them from above! Plus we can see the entire audience and their costumes. This will be sweet. So it's an open invitation - come if you want and can! I remembered the exact time and date - Saturday October 28th, at 8 PM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home