Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Re-release of Nightmare Before Christmas? - Source

Thanks for the link, Astrid.

Okay... wtf. I can't help but feel insulted by Fall Out Boy, Panic At the Dicso!, Marilyn Manson, etc., covering songs by Danny Elfman. I just DON'T want this to happen. I know the bands are fans of the movie, but have you notived how obsessed the teenage "goth" and "emo" culture is with this movie? I doubt most of them have ever even seen it! Just because it's "dark" and about dead people, shouldn't make it a cult icon for these people. I see Jack's face on EVERYTHING these days. There's WAY too much merchandise. Oh and get this... I was in Spencer's the other day (my sister wanted to look around) and they had some NBC action figures on a wall. One of them was "Pirate Jack". Now anyone who's ever seen this movie at least ONCE, knows that there is no pirate Jack ANYWHERE. The second you look at the action figure, you can see that it's the nameless skeleton pirate from James and the Giant Peach who happens to look like Jack because that's Tim Burton's style. You can see a Jack look-alikes in a lot of Burton movies if you look closely. But that's not the point. The point is that people are so obsessed with NBC merchandise that they don't even care if it came from the movie or not.

The true fans will be happy about it becoming available in theaters again though XD I can't wait! And in 3d too!

Kinda went off topic there for a minute... But whatever. You get the point. I will not buy this cover album. I might download a song or two to check it out (there's a microscopic chance that it might not be horrible), but that's it. My sister might buy it though. She loves those bands. *sigh*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to agree with you. I'm glad that it's going to be showing in theaters but the fact that these shitty bands are covering it makes feels sad. What has the world come to about music?

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...rant at:
HERE...CLICK ME! I ORDER YOU!

yeah...

2:59 AM  
Blogger Spockula said...

The music culture has come to just about anyone whoring their shit out to make a million bucks and have little girls scream over how "hot" they are. I'm so sick of having to bitch about it -_-

YAY, RANTS! (already read it)

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home