Wednesday, September 20, 2006

You're in a zoot suit riot! *jazzes out*

Hey, if people can rock out, I can jazz out. So shut up xP

Yeah, so last night (for those of you who don't real Nathaniel's blog) I went to see An Inconvenient Truth at the Plaza last night with Nathaniel and West. On our way over there, we ran into Sig (AKA Eve Ill, M.C for Fake Mustache) and Kay (AKA Magenta shadowcaster) randomly on the street and invited them to come along. It was so funny how we all found each other just down the street from the Plaza. It's like we all love the place so much that neither of us can bear to be too far away lmao. So we walked the rest of the way together, got in, sat in the front row as usual, and West distributed the Pocky. So me and Kay chatted for a bit until the movie started about how she innocently scammed a vegan-friendly cosmetics company into sending her a free $100+ sample kit LOL. That was awesome. We got shushed a lot (mostly Nathaniel :P), but overall it was a good documentary. Really scary though. Earth is completely fucked, by the way. Live every day to its fullest. 'Cause seriously... we've fucked ourselves over royally.

But ANYWAY.... after the movie, it was only quarter to nine, so we stood around in the lobby for a bit deciding on what to do, until we finally left and went to the Roasterie (awesome little caffee shop) so Kay could ask about displaying her art there. The atmosphere in that place is amazing. As soon as you walk in it feels like you've stepped back a few decades. They even had Cab Calloway music in the background XD Which Kay loves too, by the way. So we left there because we didn't feel like buying anything and went to the Oolong Teahouse, one of Calgary's RHPS sponsors. We got this pot of roobios tea or something. It smelled good, but I didn't like it lol. We hung around there until 10 and I was like "lol I have to be home in like 2 minutes" so we left, walked to the C Train station, walked the 15 minutes or so to West's studio so Nathaniel could FINALLY get his wallet, we got some more Pocky, then the three of us walked to the bus stop. Bus took like an hour to get there, too. Then I almost made Nathaniel break a bone or two... he was walked along the edge of the bench that I was sitting on and I glomped his legs a little too hard. He fell down. Sorry. lol. We were just about to go back to the studio to call my mom and tell her what was going on, and we saw the bus coming. The bus was very crowded for 11 PM >_> I got home around 11:45 and my mom wasn't mad at all. I passed out until my sister's alarm went off (we have to share a room because my grandma's over). Then I blacked out and slept until 7:30 when my mom came in and yelled at me a little. So I missed J Block yet again ><

I really hope I fall asleep early tonight. I'm exhausted. I think I might crash in the basement though because when my sister sleeps she makes the most excruciatingly HORRIBLE mouth noises [insert whichever emoticon equates my disgust best]. It almost drove me to literal insanity last summer @_@ *read through post* Damn that's a lot of trivial babbling. Oh well, it's my blog, so ha.

EVENT! EVERYONE COME OR SUFFER!

When: Friday, September 22nd
Where: Albert park Community Center
What: Concert with various local rock/punk bands. And free cake.
Why: Kay's birthday.
How much: $8 at the door, $7 if you bring a canned food donation for Food Not Bombs.

Starts at 6:00 PM. BE THERE PLEASE! We might also get up there and do the Time Warp if enough of us come. So come, damn it!

Also, thanks West for the free entrance and juice! =D And Pocky. Woot.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, nice entry. On a totally unrelated note:

I have the day off today. Which means a day fo fun and sunshine! And hanging out with everyone until I start my 5-day workweek on saturday >.<

SO, that said...I will most likely be either hangin out with other friends (mutual of me and gord) or on my way to when you get home, however either way gimme a shout at home and we will see...it be time to show you off to friends :P

If I am not here by the time you call, then I will give you a call srobly sometime around or just after 4...if that's no good then reply-comment here and I will get the message. And I know you can reply-comment from school, so none of the 'I couldn't get on' excuse, eh?

6:41 AM  
Blogger Spockula said...

I can probably call you from the band room after school and meet from there I guess. And I'm guessing you're still awake at this time and not up early, so I won't call at lunch time and wake you up lol. But yeah, that sounds fun. Just ignore my latest
post then lol. I can just get help from my teacher or something.

And I wouldn't use that excuse unless I really couldn't get on lol. But I use the laptops here almost everyday in CALM, so yeah.

So... meeting new people? Might not be so bad lol. See you after school then :)

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am actually...still....fucking....up....as I was when you messaged and ran away again...

chances are I will not be sleeping until very late tonight

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home